Tuesday, November 20, 2012

the past years highlights

Well as i mentioned the other day its been 18months since I blogged, in that time my bestie and family visited Canada, my step-son tom was also here and it was wonderful for such a fun packed McGuinness reunion. Tom missed his girlfriend whilst he was here but had many late nights staying in touch with the lovely Charis through Skype. Koli thoroughly enjoyed her time with her cousin Tom, they did lots of things together. We were blessed with wonderful weather well until the week they had to return home, when it rained for a few days, after Tom went home my mum arrived for her annual visit, my wonderful husband waited on her hand and foot, she does get on with him so well...its a good job really.

Work has continued to be busy, the weeks fly by and with the job comes many patients and families that present new challenges and experiences for the wonderful team i work with. So many changes have happened at work in the day to day stuff, to lots of new staff, those more experienced are my saviour in supporting the new comers to there careers in palliative care nursing, its certainly not for the faint hearted. Ive been adjusting to the role of Patient Care Coordinator (head nurse) and there are days when i really wonder what on earth i was thinking when i applied for the job, the biggest loss is time away from the job, Mon-Friday is extremely hard on our unit, whilst i don't miss the 12hour shifts i do miss the 4-5days off, i know its a compromise but i miss not being able to chill out, meet up with my friends and have some me time instead I'm consumed by chores on my days off and just vegetate, is this really what i want from my job? Who knows!

Christmas 2011 flew bye and here we are approaching Christmas 2012!!!!!! I have done all my Christmas shopping, went to the postal service in the U.S today and sent everything off for family in the UK. Ive even bought my hubby his Xmas pressies, they are wrapped and this weekend I will be putting up our tree, its not the easiest tree to put up, should have thought of that when we purchased it. But i make it a fun occasion, Christmas music is usually playing and this year I'm skyping with Lindsay..aka my bestie and we`ll put our trees up together-totally looking forward to that. My nephew and I surprised my mum with a paid flight from the UK to Canada next year how funny it was to tell her that she was so happy, so she will be here next year for a month. Before she arrives Tom will be here with his girlfriend, its introduce my girlfriend to my dad`situation, we have lots planned and were really excited about meeting her...cant wait to meet you Charis.

No comments:

Post a Comment