Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November to remember !


 


Hi Guy's,

Well its been quite the month in the English Rose household most of which has not been in a good way I'm sorry to report. To start with we have been struggling with 1 laptop which has been over heating and last week it finally gave up the fight and off to computer heaven it went, our other laptop went to see if it could be fixed, i wasn't expecting much after all, flames were seen coming outta the back ! and you guessed it the mother board got 'fried'. how upset i was to go a week without the WWW at my fingertips.

My husbands truck broke down in Abbotsford last week, he had to get towed home and we don't have breakdown coverage, my truck decided she would do the same 2 days after my husbands mine was easy to fix a little hole in the pipe preventing her from running properly, alas they are both back on the road again for how long ? who knows !

The laptop situation has now been resolved as I'm typing this with my new one, getting use to the US keyboard is a bit weird the @ button is in a different place compared to my poorly UK laptop but i like the new one, as long as i can facebook, contact family in the UK then I'm happy.

Its also been very stressful at the office despite loving my job as an RN, the last few weeks have really made me think about my career, its been such a challenge coming to nurse in Canada and I'm so grateful for such wonderful co-workers who i admire so much, who support my learning, who show such compassion despite our difficulties but i remain proud to be part of such a team. I'm thinking it could be time for some changes in the near future and have to get organised!!

On a lighter note there have been some good times in the last month, i had a fab time with mum being here, i thought the five week visit would feel like a 'bit too much' if you hear what I'm saying but it wasn't that bad, we had a wonderful time, we enjoyed our 3 days in Whistler despite it raining all the time, we shopped - well that's what women do right ? and off course sampled the local beers on offer, husband did the cooking and i did the dog walking at ridiculous o'clock but a good time was had by all.

the final week with mum was nice and relaxed, we watched movies: Marley & Me, The Proposal and a few other tear jerkers and the rest of the week was spent having lunches in Clayburn Tea-Shop a little bit of home-from-home for us both and of course the food is just as good. It was emotional to see mum at the airport to go home, knowing we wont be there for her 70th Birthday on Jan 2nd is hard but god willing she will be back here trying to take over my kitchen again!

The last few days for me and hubby has been trying to cope in the ridiculous weather, OMG were not use to such cold in fact the coldest its been in the UK is -7. Its shocking, I'm paranoid in case the tortoises freeze to death now they're hibernating, the dogs aren't happy and its an excuse to stay snuggled in bed under the winter blankets :). Hubby and I are waiting to hear about our passport requests then we can have our permanent residency which has been 3 yrs in the waiting were excited but nervous too, it will change so much for us both to have the security of staying in this beautiful country. we cant wait to buy a house and truly settle down. In the meantime its back to work, keep everything crossed and hope Santa brings some Christmas cheer to the English Rose household x

Bye for now

Ms English Rose x

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy, I'm so very happy! Congratulations on the new laptop and the new blog and update..... oh so very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ms R, hope you managed to rest and im happy your happy i updated the blog! it helped with lots to reflect on in the past month.

    ReplyDelete