Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hard work and fun DO mix!

I have had a wonderful Easter weekend with my hubby and Tom, we had perfect weather to start on the garden mini-makeover i say mini because it doesnt need much doing at it, the previous owners kept it looking quite neat and tidy.

Hubby had to work Good Friday and is working easter monday too...ohh the joys of being self employed having said that we got lots done...team work at its best. It started with Tom removing the dreaded Ivy making my garden shed look ugly not to mention it wanted to make home Inside ! so it had to go :). there is a nice little flower bed at the side and i planted two hostas, a clematis called 'The duchess of Edinburgh' which  i thoought was fitting since it is the royal wedding next weekend...it will have large white flowers on it when she blooms....its going to trail along my fencing and will look lovely i hope.

I planted two shrubs one in the middle of the same flower bed and another in the corner where my fencing meets next doors which happens to be the same spot that the dogs can see outside and bark at people passing bye... so im hoping to put a stop to that behaviour. During all this manual labour by me hubby was painting what we refered to as the 'ugly room' at the back of the house near the man-cave but i forgot to take before pictures- silly me ! after pics to follow soon, Tom mowed the lawns front and back and then pressure washed the siding on the house. I have one more clematis to plant at the front of the house, im hoping it will trail along the porch, this one has dark purple flowers, my dad's favourite so of course i had to have one in my canadian garden...no roses as yet though !

Today being easter sunday i got up early and sorted the pets out, the house was so quiet and so i decided to get back into bed at 8.00am, facebook my sis-in-law as it was her birthday and fell back to sleep..unbeknown to me hubby got up and off he went to walmart, woke me at 11.30 to tell me he had some plans to show me...shreeeeek !!! with delight he had bought the patio set we had been admiring, its brown wicker with red cushions, the chairs swivel... I LOVE IT ! how could i be mad at him for letting me sleep so long !

twas quite the easter in our house finished of with a movie, vino and easter eggs all round... such fun x

p.s pics to follow

Happy Easter !

No comments:

Post a Comment