Wednesday, April 27, 2011

new job

well I'm on day 3 of my new job as patient care coordinator on the palliative unit that i worked as an RN, its ironic really because although i applied for 'interview experience' i was offered the job! i have to be honest i didn't really want to take it on due to personal reasons but as it turns out its going well, i know its very early days but at least i know the team and i like to think I'm not a 'bossy' boss... i will let my co-workers decide !

Its a temporary position until Christmas time whereby the previous post holder may well return so i am going to try to keep a ship shape unit and try my best to do the team proud, I'm so lucky in that it seems i have been accepted - if not encouraged by some to take the role by the short and curlies as they say in the UK, i just don't want to let the team down and hope to perform my duties well. Its very difficult not to poke my nose into the IC nurses role, i found myself today missing the hands on care etc, it was weird but i have no intentions of not being hands on where i can.

I'm on orientation for another two weeks, going back to Mon-Friday with no nights or weekends is very odd, i have meetings off site planned, meeting the other PCC's and preparing for the accreditation in the fall, which we have to pass ! much sooner we have 2 different fun things planned for nurses week but little time to pull it together ORGANISATION and TIME MANAGEMENT keep popping into my head- we will see how it goes...... update to follow

k

No comments:

Post a Comment