Thursday, June 10, 2010

VACATION

Its true I'm officially on vacation ! sigh ...... I've finished my last set of four shifts five days ago but have picked up three overtime shifts in that time ....how insane and boy do I feel it as I type this. We have so many people off sick at work now, its ridiculous and as much as I miss my work mates I want them all to be well so best to stay away from work till your 100%. I am not due back into work until June 19th and I have a job list so long to achieve in that time which mainly includes painting, the usual chores around the house, I find it so frustrating that we are in a rental and we want to do some renovations but cant, we have family coming to visit in the summer and we feel were trapped inside a 1970's tardis ! The owners have agreed to paying for laminate flooring and new floor tiling in the bathroom so that will make the place nicer, my hubby who does house Reno's for his job has already replaced the downstairs powder room toilet and basin, painted, new flooring and crown mouldings, it looks fantabulous...I must post a pic, we also replaced the whole ceiling in the laundry room which was previously in a sad state with a huge water stain from a leak and some of the tiles missing, now its lovely with a sunken light all at no cost ....that's even better. I'm very house proud you see and its driving me insane to the point of obsession but I tell myself everyday its a rental !!!!!! That day of owning our own ohhhhhh what joy and celebration that will be.

This weekend (June 12th) is a busy day for me and Mr English Rose - not only is there a party invite as its the first England soccer match against the USA in the World Cup, but it is also our 1 year Anniversary of emigrating to BC - its been one heck of a year filled with joy, tears, uncertainties, laughter and happiness, but NO REGRETS, we have made some what we hope will be good friends and have tried to embrace the Canadian way of life as much as possible....whilst keeping the British sense of humour and of course the local Boltonian accent :-) .

So having made it as clear as possible to staffing at work NOT TO CALL ME - I am hoping to fulfill most if not all of my job list...here's to a good vacation......

No comments:

Post a Comment