Sunday, June 27, 2010

What a week :)

Well its been some time since I last posted and so much has happened in the last week all for the better ! firstly I had a wonderful email from my nephew whose in the navy to tell me he's going to propose to his girlfriend, who also happens to be in the navy so they don't get to see each other that much and I'm soooo excited, i will eventually get to wear at hat to future wedding,  also my wonderful hubby gets himself  his second pay rise and complement from his boss and on top of all of that we have finally booked the flights for the kids to come visit their dad and me, they arrive in 3 weeks for 3 weeks and i cant wait they are so excited to see what British Columbia has to offer. Then just when i though i had received my 3 lots off good news I get a call from the bank to say that the Canadian immigration has finally cashed our bankers draft!!!! which means they are dealing with our permanent residency application and will send us our letter to tell us to go and get our medicals done and shortly after that we shall be permanent residents in this amazing country. All the tears, leaving family and close friends and making new lives here will have been worth it...its already been quite a journey!

We have made some further renovations to our rental house, now that the downstairs powder room is finished, and the deck has been extended I bought 3 new rugs for the hall and a gorgeous bright red futon which is in our living room...its quite racy! and we love it ...well it was a bargain. We still have the upstairs bathroom to upgrade yet.

I have lots of bleaching and cleaning to do before the kids arrive and trips to plan, they want to stay over in whistler and Seattle so i must get a move on and get the dogs booked into the kennels for those nights, I cant believe its been over a year since we left the UK and its been amazing I love my new life. We also have my mum come and stay with us at the end of august and i think she may stay for 3-4 weeks....look forward to that. Well that was my week, i feel quite exhausted and I'm currently working 3x 11.15-23.15 shifts at work i hate them with a passion, i get home and cant sleep!!!!! in fact I'm lucky if i am asleep by 3am after getting home at midnight, management really need to address this issue!!!! ENUF SAID.

well thats it for now

English Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment